The Top 5 Qualities to Look For in an IT Consulting Company
Often SMBs are faced with the challenge of choosing a managed service provider that can handle their IT consulting, helpdesk and Tech Support needs. Your local city may have many MSPs that specialize in consulting services and so in this guide we have outlined to top 5 traits to look for in an IT firm.
- Around the Clock Availability: The IT provider should readily available 24/7 to monitor and manage your critical infrastructure even when you’re having dinner with your family. High priority calls should be addressed within the business hour and a solution should be rolled in a timely fashion. On-site availability is a must, as although remote support is convenient, some issues can only be resolved on-site.
- Spectrum of Services: Your IT provider should act as your strategic partner and offer an array of computer services to your staff. You want a 1 stop shop for all your IT needs and a firm that will act as your full-time IT team to ensure business continuity. They should have certified engineers that specialize in network support, server management, and have multi-platform technicians readily available. At a high level they should be able to provide quarterly reports and establish an IT road map.
- Speed of Delivery: Downtime = loss of revenue. The Managed service provider that you choose should have a proven track record of 99.98 % uptime. Your infrastructure should be managed in a proactive manner to ensure as that it is online and available at all times. Maintenance and downtimes should be scheduled off hours and should not affect your operations.
- Customer Service: An IT firm could be the best at what they do but if they don’t have good customer service skills then they will not be able to keep you satisfied and worry free. Pick a consulting firm that has exceptional people .
- Experience & Reputation: Select a provider that in reputable in your local industry and is preferably working with clients in your industry. Ensure that they have partnerships with Vendors such as Microsoft and Dell that can back them up in challenging times.
There are many IT consulting firm in Vancouver that can deliver IT services to your small or mid-sized business. Select a top-tier provider that offers the best value for your buck and fits your organizations culture. Pick a company with technicians with great communication skills that can relate to your frustration and handle your needs in a professional manner.